When we raise the total project goal of $55,000 EVERY contributor will receive a VIP Buyer's Card - a lifetime of 50% OFF all purchases.
We believe all of the credit for our success goes to our clients - you. Crowdfunding through PieShell affords us the opportunity to give you, our fans, a seat at the table. You can be a part of Steiner’s Coffee Cake of New York. The roundtable will kick off June, 2019. The Consumer tasteBUD Roundtable is specifically designed with our fans in mind. We are at our very best when we are listening to our clients. Join our team as we write the next chapter of our story. We’ve worked hard to ensure 80% of each contribution is allocated to the respective Stepping Stone. No tricks, no misdirected funding. The remaining 20% is allocated to the fulfillment of all gifts.
Steiner’s Coffee Cake of New York is seeking to raise $55,000. These monies are specifically earmarked to redesign and produce our packaging across all 6 SKUs. We’ve spent 2 years researching a sustainable solution for our clear wrap substrate. We’ve landed on the perfect solution, NatureFlex™ by Futamura. It is 100% home compost rated, recyclable, free of petroleum and made from wood pulp. It’s freezer safe and ensures we can deliver a fantastic product to every customer, while maintaining our commitment to being stewards for a healthier planet. We’ve successfully streamlined our shipping containers down to a one box solution. Now we need to make our product packaging sexy. This business challenge is a barrier to distribution. We have to have a product that will leap off of store shelves into customer grocery carts. The packaging has to be equal to if not better than the exceptional quality of our product.
Current = not sexy:
In 1963 Malcolm Steiner (AKA Grandpa) set out to conquer another hobby - cooking & baking. At that time he was already a painter, an Orchidist (person who raises orchids), a volunteer at Long Island Jewish Hospital - delivering said orchids to patients’ rooms and in his spare time ran Steiner Plastics which became Universal Sign Company, founded by his mother, Cyrille Steiner.
Grandpa Malcolm quickly became a commander of the kitchen. If he wasn’t in his greenhouse he was walking around the kitchen in his apron with a dish towel hanging out of his back pocket. He was tall, bald, skinny and loved butter. If it didn’t taste right, he was famous for saying, “just add butter.” He worked alongside my father at Universal Sign Corporation until his passing at 90. He was a man of very few words. Nonetheless, my brother and I have a treasure trove of memories filled with his very best recipes. Fortunately, he took his daughter in-law Nanci (AKA mom) under his wing and taught her everything he knew.
Nanci Steiner (born in NYC, raised in Port Washington, NY) was diagnosed a Celiac over 30 years ago. Over the past 3 decades, she worked tirelessly to develop a gluten-free all-purpose flour that baked for the masses. Many a cake met their demise in her kitchen. She has tested every product on the market. Her one goal was to bake something so good, so delicious, so perfectly moist the unsuspecting consumer would never know it was gluten-free. In 2010 Jeffrey (AKA my brother) and I realized she was very close. We went ahead and developed the brand; Steiner’s Coffee Cake of New York. All the while Nanci would try to dampen our excitement, “you know I may not get this right… .”
She did - in May of 2016 Nanci nailed it. On the precipice of her 70th year she was ready to launch her company.